Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Keene, David" <dk...@soe.sony.com> on 2004/06/10 19:43:18 UTC

Custom resource loader

Greetings,

A while ago on this list I saw some discussion about custom resource
loaders (extending FileDirContext) to load resources from multiple root
paths.

I am looking specifically to do this in order to grab jsp pages from a
'commons' directory that many of my sites (which run in different
contexts) use.

Was there any consensus to the right way to do this?  Has anyone done
this already and would be willing to share?

My plan is to send an extra attribute to the Resource tag in the
server.xml, which is a comma delimited list of additional paths in the
order they should be searched for a given file. The ExtendedDirContext
would then keep all the paths on a list and iterate through them until a
named resource was located.

Any thoughts,

Dave Keene