Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> on 2003/10/23 19:33:27 UTC

Deprecating DiskMultipartReqwuestHandler and friends

Hi folks,

Any objection to deprecating DiskMultipartRequestHandler and its
associated classes? This was the default file upload handler in Struts
1.0, but was replaced by CommonsMultipartRequestHandler for 1.1 and
beyond. It was, and is, buggy, and I'm sure nobody has any interest in
maintaining it now that we're using Commons FileUpload to do the heavy
lifting.

Just asking up front so that I don't have to go back and remove a boatload
of deprecations if it turns out that somebody wants to keep it. ;-)

--
Martin Cooper

Re: Deprecating DiskMultipartReqwuestHandler and friends

Posted by Robert Leland <rl...@apache.org>.
Martin Cooper wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>Any objection to deprecating DiskMultipartRequestHandler and its
>associated classes? This was the default file upload handler in Struts
>1.0, but was replaced by CommonsMultipartRequestHandler for 1.1 and
>beyond. It was, and is, buggy, and I'm sure nobody has any interest in
>maintaining it now that we're using Commons FileUpload to do the heavy
>lifting.
>
>Just asking up front so that I don't have to go back and remove a boatload
>of deprecations if it turns out that somebody wants to keep it. ;-)

++1

Re: Deprecating DiskMultipartReqwuestHandler and friends

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
+1 for deprecating.

David