Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Eileen Fray <ei...@aol.com.INVALID> on 2020/05/09 15:04:37 UTC

Images.

I’m writing a memoir using apache open office. Each time i log on I get photos where I want them.  I come back and half are gone. Then I can’t remember even which ones they were. I get this image below on screen. I’ve spent 3 months on this project and am at my wits end and reduced to tears today  because I can’t keep photos loaded from photos on pc to stay  in position.
I’m nearly 70 and not computer savvy  at all so am really struggling.
I’ve tried to read forums and have read pages and pages of hints that make no sense to me at all  as I don’t understans the jargon.  Lockdown means

Re: Images.

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
On 5/9/2020 11:04 AM, Eileen Fray wrote:
> I’m writing a memoir using apache open office. Each time i log on I get photos where I want them.  I come back and half are gone. Then I can’t remember even which ones they were. I get this image below on screen. I’ve spent 3 months on this project and am at my wits end and reduced to tears today  because I can’t keep photos loaded from photos on pc to stay  in position.
> I’m nearly 70 and not computer savvy  at all so am really struggling.
> I’ve tried to read forums and have read pages and pages of hints that make no sense to me at all  as I don’t understans the jargon.  Lockdown means
>

>  I can get no one to help me.
> Please can you help me  ?
>

> I will be most grateful !!
>
> Stay safe
> Eileen Fray 07716132040
> Sent from my iPhone

Ellen;

I suspect your problem may be with memory options in OpenOffice. Here is
the first thing we should try to help alleviate the problem

1)	Start OpenOffice
2)	Click Tools -> Options
		This will open a dialog box
3)	On the left side of the box under OpenOffice click Memory
	If you do not see the Memory option listed click the +
                                                        next to OpenOffice

4)	On the Right side  of the box under Graphics cache set the Use 	for
OpenOffice Spin box to 256 by highlighting the number already there and
typing 256

5)	Clock OK button
 Close OpenOffice and try editing your memoir again and see if it helped
then reply to this message as to whether it worked or not.

Re: Images.

Posted by Leon Zar <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eileen,
Just guessing here, but are you sure you SAVE your document before you log
off?
Regards,
  Leon