Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Gaet <ga...@free.fr> on 2005/05/18 10:45:07 UTC

Struts and XML/XSL

hi,

Actually we have a website developped with struts and tiles...but as XML/XSL seems to be more powerful than tiles for presentation (support different browser, easier to change presentation, better performance...)

My question is : is it possible to develop an application using struts and XML/XSL..
If yes, If you have any tutorial or code sample...that's would be great!

Thanks

Re: Struts and XML/XSL

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@capgemini.com>.
You may take a look at stXX http://stxx.sourceforge.net/ , that is a
commonly used XSLT extension to Struts.
I've used it for a prototype, but we have finally built our app on
standard JSP, as it was easier to learn for developers.
According to prototype, XSLT (Stxx) was aprox. 2 time slower than JSP
(JSP 1.2 + JSTL).

Nico.

Re: Struts and XML/XSL

Posted by Robin Ericsson <lo...@localhost.nu>.
Gaet wrote:
> In fact, initially I was looking for an alternative to <FRAMSET> tag that
> are not part of XHTML specifications anymore. I think that tags were great
> as I was able to reload only a part of my web page (the body)....could I
> retrieve this functionlity with xsl (is there a caching implementation...i
> don't know)?

frameset is still available in xhtml.

Check out frameset:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/dtds.html#a_dtd_XHTML-1.0-Frameset

regards,
	Robin

Re: Struts 1.2.7

Posted by Aladin Alaily <st...@aladin.ca>.
Hello,

For those of you who want to try out 1.2.7 and are having trouble finding
a link to it (or are just lazy ;)) here is where I found it:

http://cvs.apache.org/dist/struts/v1.2.7/

Feel free to make corrections to the link above.

Aladin

Re: Struts 1.2.7

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.

Re: Struts 1.2.7

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@capgemini.com>.
I'm using it for the same reason. I expected this enhancement, also with
EL tag support for errorStyle attributes.

It works fine for me.

Nico.

Struts 1.2.7

Re: Struts and XML/XSL

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@waersystems.com>.
hello,
	yes I am using also struts html tags..
regards
	marco

Just one more question, are you able to use JSP taglibs (like the ones
from
struts or JSTL libraries) in your JSP/XML or XSL files?

Thanks again

Re: Struts and XML/XSL

Posted by Gaet <ga...@free.fr>.
Thanks for your reply,

RE: Struts and XML/XSL

Re: Struts and XML/XSL

RE: Struts and XML/XSL

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@waersystems.com>.
Hello,
>Have you already implemented this solution?
@ my workplace we are using together tiles & XML/XSL
>Do you know if it will be supported by WAS?
Yes it is, in fact we are using WAS 5.1
>Have you a complete but simple sample with struts and XML/XSL?
>So, that's mean that I won't have jsp anymore?
Yes we still have JSPs, written in XML and rendered in HTML and any
Other formats that we need

>Could i still use struts-layout?
Don't know what it is..is it a special taglibs for struts? I suppose
So..

>Do you think it will be simple to rewrite a basic JSP-struts-tiles
webapp?
>Or will it be a big effort?
Depends on your app..

Re: Struts and XML/XSL