Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ro...@cluestream.com on 2001/09/24 21:01:03 UTC

Batik/SVG working in latest FOP builds?

Sorry to be dumb about this, but I just joined the list recently.  My
customer just added a requirement to use SVG images as external-graphics.
(Up to now it had been the usual GIFs and JPGs, but now we are working on
the hi-res print version and quality matters ...)

To scale the images properly I'll need to use tricks like
examples\svg\external.fo.

With the latest FOP from CVS, I'm getting exceptions on the example file
(below).  Is this operator error, the expected result, or other?

Thanks,

- Rob

[INFO]: building formatting object tree
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElement.init(SVGElement.java:175)
        at org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElement.<init>(SVGElement.java:83)
        at org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElement$Maker.make(SVGElement.java:60)
        at
org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.startElement(FOTreeBuilder.java:254)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.startElement(SAXParser.java:1371)

        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callStartElement(XML
Validator.java:840)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanElement(XMLDocumen
tScanner.java:1853)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.disp
atch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:1234)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentS
canner.java:381)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:948)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.render(Driver.java:459)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.AWTStarter.run(AWTStarter.java:116)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.main(Fop.java:19)

Re: Batik/SVG working in latest FOP builds?

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
Either you have an old version of batik or svg classes in you classpath or
you need to do a build clean.