Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Rajesh Khan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/30 22:01:33 UTC

Cannot run broker as a daemon

I am trying to run qpid broker as a daemon by following the instructions in
the Manual. I am doing the following

D:\...\src\Debug>qpidd --daemon
2012-11-30 13:58:17 [Broker] critical Unexpected error: Error in command
line options: unknown option daemonUse --help to see valid options

It seems --daemon parameter is not valid. How do I run the broker as a
daemon.
I know i can run it as a service by installing it. How can I run it as a
service with the --auth=no  parameter

Re: Cannot run broker as a daemon

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.
On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 02:15:29PM -0700, Rajesh Khan wrote:
> I am using qpidd (qpid-cpp) version 0.18.
> If I install it as a service. Will I be able to run it with the attribute
> --auth=no  ?

I haven't tried that as I don't use Windows. Though I would think you
could do that, I'm suspecting it's better to launch a service by
pointing it to a configuration file to set such features. That way you
can easily change things without having to edit the service commandline.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/

Re: Cannot run broker as a daemon

Posted by Rajesh Khan <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.
On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 02:01:33PM -0700, Rajesh Khan wrote:
> I am trying to run qpid broker as a daemon by following the instructions in
> the Manual. I am doing the following
>
> D:\...\src\Debug>qpidd --daemon
> 2012-11-30 13:58:17 [Broker] critical Unexpected error: Error in command
> line options: unknown option daemonUse --help to see valid options
>
> It seems --daemon parameter is not valid. How do I run the broker as a
> daemon.
> I know i can run it as a service by installing it. How can I run it as a
> service with the --auth=no  parameter

What version of Qpid are you using, and did you build it or install it
from a package?

Posted by Rajesh Khan <ra...@gmail.com>.
I am trying to run the command
qpidd install
however the broker only starts and no service appears in services.msc any
suggestions ?

Posted by Rajesh Khan <ra...@gmail.com>.
I am using version 0.18

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.