Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Arun Patel <ar...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/07 11:25:25 UTC

Re: Spark 2.0 Release Date

Do we have any further updates on release date?

Also, Is there a updated documentation for 2.0 somewhere?

Thanks
Arun

Re: Spark 2.0 Release Date

Posted by "Taotao.Li" <ch...@gmail.com>.
docs I found and unreleased officially:

   - 2.0.0-preview:  http://spark.apache.org/docs/2.0.0-preview/
   <http://spark.apache.org/docs/2.0.0-preview/>
   - master-docs :
   http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-nightly/spark-master-docs/latest/index.html
   - 2.0.0 docs:
   https://home.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-nightly/spark-branch-2.0-docs/latest/

​thanks,
taotao​

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 4:10 PM, Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl> wrote:

> Whoohoo! What a great news! Looks like a RC is coming...Thanks a lot,
> Reynold!
>
> Pozdrawiam,
> Jacek Laskowski
> ----
> https://medium.com/@jaceklaskowski/
> Mastering Apache Spark http://bit.ly/mastering-apache-spark
> Follow me at https://twitter.com/jaceklaskowski
>

> On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 7:55 AM, Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com> wrote:
> > It'd be great to cut an RC as soon as possible. Looking at the
> > blocker/critical issue list, majority of them are API audits. I think
> people
> > will get back to those once Spark Summit is over, and then we should see
> > some good progress towards an RC.
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 6:20 AM, Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl> wrote:
> >>
> >> Finally, the PMC voice on the subject. Thanks a lot, Sean!
> >>
> >> p.s. Given how much time it takes to ship 2.0 (with so many cool
> >> features already backed in!) I'd vote for releasing a few more RCs
> >> before 2.0 hits the shelves. I hope 2.0 is not Java 9 or Jigsaw ;-)
> >>
> >> Pozdrawiam,
> >> Jacek Laskowski
> >> ----
> >> https://medium.com/@jaceklaskowski/
> >> Mastering Apache Spark http://bit.ly/mastering-apache-spark
> >> Follow me at https://twitter.com/jaceklaskowski

> Reynold's

> http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-nightly/spark-master-docs/latest/
> ?

*___________________*
Quant | Engineer | Boy
*___________________*
*blog*:    http://litaotao.github.io
<http://litaotao.github.io?utm_source=spark_mail>
*github*: www.github.com/litaotao

Re: Spark 2.0 Release Date

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>.

Re: Spark 2.0 Release Date

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.

Re: Spark 2.0 Release Date

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
For this moment you can look at

Re: Spark 2.0 Release Date

Posted by Arun Patel <ar...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sean and Jacek.

Re: Spark 2.0 Release Date

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>.

Re: Spark 2.0 Release Date

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
That's not any kind of authoritative statement, just my opinion and guess.

Reynold mentioned the idea of releasing monthly milestone releases for
the latest branch. That's an interesting idea for the future.

If the issue burn-down takes significantly longer to get right, then
maybe indeed another preview release would help. I know there was

Re: Spark 2.0 Release Date

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>.

Re: Spark 2.0 Release Date

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.