Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Gunther Hagleitner <gu...@apache.org> on 2014/11/13 01:55:57 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 0.14.0 Released

The Apache Hive team is proud to announce the the release of Apache
Hive version 0.14.0.

The Apache Hive (TM) data warehouse software facilitates querying and
managing large datasets residing in distributed storage. Built on top
of Apache Hadoop (TM), it provides:

* Tools to enable easy data extract/transform/load (ETL).

* A mechanism to impose structure on a variety of data formats.

* Access to files stored either directly in Apache HDFS (TM) or in
other data storage systems such as Apache HBase (TM) or Apache
Accumulo (TM).

* Query execution via Apache Hadoop MapReduce and Apache Tez frameworks.

* Cost-based query planning via Apache Calcite

For Hive release details and downloads, please
visit:http://hive.apache.org/releases.html

Hive 0.14.0 Release Notes are available here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12326450&styleName=Text&projectId=12310843

We would like to thank the many contributors who made this release
possible.

Regards,

The Apache Hive Team

Re: Apache Hive 0.14.0 prerequisites

Posted by Gunther Hagleitner <gh...@hortonworks.com>.
To run with Tez you need Tez 0.5.2 and Hadoop 2.x.

Thanks,
Gunther.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Apache Hive 0.14.0 prerequisites

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 0.14.0 Released

Posted by Damien Carol <dc...@blitzbs.com>.
Congrats !
It's definitively the most interesting release of HIVE.
Keep up the good work.

I know that Santa will add some boys in the "good" list this year.

Regards,

Damien CAROL

   - tél : +33 (0)4 74 96 88 14
   - email : dcarol@blitzbs.com

BLITZ BUSINESS SERVICE

Posted by Suhas Gogate <vg...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Suhas Gogate <vg...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Thejas Nair <th...@hortonworks.com>.
The link to the download page is now  -
https://hive.apache.org/downloads.html
(I have also corrected the email template in how-to-release wiki with new
url).

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> 1)  fyi.. this link is broken:
>
> http://hive.apache.org/releases.html
>
> 2) Java docs were not published for 0.14.0
>
> https://hive.apache.org/javadoc.html
>

> On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 7:04 PM, Clark Yang (杨卓荦) <ya...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Great job! Congrats!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Zhuoluo (Clark) Yang

> > > The Apache Hive team is proud to announce the the release of Apache
> > > Hive version 0.14.0.
> > >
> > > The Apache Hive (TM) data warehouse software facilitates querying and
> > > managing large datasets residing in distributed storage. Built on top
> > > of Apache Hadoop (TM), it provides:
> > >
> > > * Tools to enable easy data extract/transform/load (ETL).
> > >
> > > * A mechanism to impose structure on a variety of data formats.
> > >
> > > * Access to files stored either directly in Apache HDFS (TM) or in
> other
> > data storage systems such as Apache HBase (TM) or Apache Accumulo (TM).
> > >
> > > * Query execution via Apache Hadoop MapReduce and Apache Tez
> frameworks.
> > >
> > > * Cost-based query planning via Apache Calcite
> > >

> > > For Hive release details and downloads, please visit:
> > http://hive.apache.org/releases.html
> > >
> > > Hive 0.14.0 Release Notes are available here:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12326450&styleName=Text&projectId=12310843
> > >
> > > We would like to thank the many contributors who made this release
> > > possible.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > The Apache Hive Team
> > >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 0.14.0 Released

Posted by Thejas Nair <th...@hortonworks.com>.
The link to the download page is now  -
https://hive.apache.org/downloads.html
(I have also corrected the email template in how-to-release wiki with new
url).

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> 1)  fyi.. this link is broken:
>
> http://hive.apache.org/releases.html
>
> 2) Java docs were not published for 0.14.0
>
> https://hive.apache.org/javadoc.html
>

> On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 7:04 PM, Clark Yang (杨卓荦) <ya...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Great job! Congrats!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Zhuoluo (Clark) Yang

> > > The Apache Hive team is proud to announce the the release of Apache
> > > Hive version 0.14.0.
> > >
> > > The Apache Hive (TM) data warehouse software facilitates querying and
> > > managing large datasets residing in distributed storage. Built on top
> > > of Apache Hadoop (TM), it provides:
> > >
> > > * Tools to enable easy data extract/transform/load (ETL).
> > >
> > > * A mechanism to impose structure on a variety of data formats.
> > >
> > > * Access to files stored either directly in Apache HDFS (TM) or in
> other
> > data storage systems such as Apache HBase (TM) or Apache Accumulo (TM).
> > >
> > > * Query execution via Apache Hadoop MapReduce and Apache Tez
> frameworks.
> > >
> > > * Cost-based query planning via Apache Calcite
> > >

> > > For Hive release details and downloads, please visit:
> > http://hive.apache.org/releases.html
> > >
> > > Hive 0.14.0 Release Notes are available here:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12326450&styleName=Text&projectId=12310843
> > >
> > > We would like to thank the many contributors who made this release
> > > possible.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > The Apache Hive Team
> > >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 0.14.0 Released

Posted by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com>.
1)  fyi.. this link is broken:

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 0.14.0 Released

Posted by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com>.
1)  fyi.. this link is broken:

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 0.14.0 Released

Posted by "Clark Yang (杨卓荦)" <ya...@gmail.com>.
Great job! Congrats!

Thanks,
Zhuoluo (Clark) Yang