Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2008/01/31 10:19:55 UTC

GShell Goals

Just a quick note... I'm starting to fix up the GShell site more...
and added a new page for the upcoming/ongoing goals here:

     http://cwiki.apache.org/GSHELL/goals.html

Please have a look, add, comment whatever.

Thanks,

--jason

Re: GShell Goals

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
As just a personal preference, I would keep some overview on the Geronimo web site and then have the gross of the documentation on the wiki. I mean that in the way it looks, I know it is all generated from the wiki. For example, compare geronimo.a.o with cwiki.a.o/geronimo. Web site and documentation should definitively be on separate spaces for administration purposes.

I guess it ultimately will depend on how much of Geronimo GShell is going to be. The more important/relevant/dependent the more we need to have it as part of G doc. With that I don't mean that GShell should not have it's own separate wiki, I mean that if it is separate we need to include as much Geronimo specific info as possible. I hope that the more dependent the more alike with Geronimo documentation structure. ;-)

More on personal preference, for documentation I wouldn't use the same template used for the web site. I rather stay as far away as possible from the classic wiki look and feel on the web site.

Do you have any of these already covered?

    * what is it?
    * benefits
    * what it does
    * what it replaces (if replaces anything)
    * tools and commands
    * how-to samples and tutorials

Cheers!
Hernan