Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <TR...@stibo.dk> on 2000/09/21 20:59:29 UTC

RE: Internalization in Xalan...

> So how do I make use of that so that even if my Xml files are
> in japanese,
> the Xalan is able to parse that into HTML at server side only.

You must ensure that the <?xml version="1.0" encoding="...." ?> has an appropriate value for your choice of character encoding.

The underlying parser, Xerces, supports a lot of encoding schemes, and I have succesfully read Shift-JIS encoded files with it.

Otherwise the native2ascii utility from the Java Development Kit from Sun can be used to transform your files into UTF-8.

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen             "...and...Tubular Bells!"
  http://bigfoot.com/~thunderbear