Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Marcos Melo <ma...@cre.com.br> on 2016/09/29 11:28:42 UTC

Adobe Flex 4.5 > FlexJs

Hello gentlemen, my name is Marcos and I'm a Brazilian developer.

I have a doubt about your tool and would like to know if you could help me.

Nowadays I'm using, in our system, the following tools: Adobe Flex 4.5,
Java, Oracle 10G.

Some people here are suggesting me to change "the front end" to Java JSF or
even Java JSP, but I believe in the effectiveness of the Flex, specially in
the Flex JS.

I would like to know if someone could suggest me the best way to change from
my version of Flex to Flex JS.

Hopping you can help,

Marcos.

cid:image007.png@01D189DD.C5D20C30

Marcos Melo

Desenvolvimento

 <ma...@cre.com.br> marcos@cre.com.br

Tel.: +55 11 2681-4949

Ramal 117

Visite nosso site:  <http://www.cre.com.br/> www.cre.com.br
cid:image008.png@01D189DD.C5D20C30Acesse a
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Arius-Sistemas/311612838908729> Arius
Sistemas no facebook, clique em curtir e acompanhe nossas novidades!

 <http://www.arius.com.br/novocomercial/> ass

RES: RES: Adobe Flex 4.5 > FlexJs

Posted by Marcos Melo <ma...@cre.com.br>.
Olaf, thanks for the explanation.
I agree that the flash player, will not end soon.
Unfortunately in Brazil, seems that the flex is not being mentioned as a
time a go.
Some well-known developers are going to change to JavaScript + HTML.
I appreciate the links, I'll study them calmly.
Thank you.

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
Forgot:
Best way would be to just install FlexJS and make yourself your own picture
of it.
Keep in mind that everbody is invited to participate in moving Flex and
FlexJS forward ;-)

Thanks,
Olaf

Re: RES: Adobe Flex 4.5 > FlexJs

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
Marcos Melo wrote

RES: Adobe Flex 4.5 > FlexJs

Posted by Marcos Melo <ma...@cre.com.br>.
Thanks for your response.
The goal is really to set aside the flashplayer and bet on a new technology, I beting on FlexJs for this.
Some additional questions:
Communication with the backend is still done via BlazeDS?
Our users are accustomed to Windows Mdi type container styles and for this we use the FlexLib.
The utilization of this library is accepted in FlexJs?
the Use of ApacheFlex SDK with IntelliJ would be a good choice instead of Eclipse?
Some developers feel more comfortable and productive with designer preview option (drag and drop components)
IDE type, any suggestions for this case?
thank you.

Enviada em: quinta-feira, 29 de setembro de 2016 09:50
Para: dev@flex.apache.org
Assunto: Re: Adobe Flex 4.5 > FlexJs

Hi,

> Nowadays I'm using, in our system, the following tools: Adobe Flex 4.5, Java, Oracle 10G.

Depends on your application and your users. Moving from 4.5 to a later version of Apache Flex is likely to give you significant performance improvements and far less bugs. Effort required is probably minimal.

> Some people here are suggesting me to change "the front end" to Java JSF or even Java JSP, but I believe in the effectiveness of the Flex, specially in the Flex JS.

Moving to FlexJS may take some effort but will mean your application can working natively in the browser without the Flash plugin. I’m sure either people on this list can expand on this.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Adobe Flex 4.5 > FlexJs

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.