Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Warner Onstine <sw...@warneronstine.com> on 2002/07/03 04:41:48 UTC

Fw: For Dummies Guide

Is this true that Velocity can't handle East Asian languages?

Sorry if this e-mail is badly formatted I can't get Outlook to switch it to
text-only.

-warner

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>.
On 7/2/02 10:41 PM, "Warner Onstine" <sw...@warneronstine.com> wrote:

> Is this true that Velocity can't handle East Asian languages?

No.  That's not true, unless a bug has appeared.  We do several encoding
tests in the test-bed, and it includes two different encodings, "GBK" and
"UTF-8".  GBK is two byte, IIRC.

I don't know how Turbine allows you to specify the encoding of the template
somewhere, but it does work for two-byte encodings.

Geir

> Sorry if this e-mail is badly formatted I can't get Outlook to switch it to
> text-only.
>
> -warner

Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.