Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Ameya Aware <am...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/24 20:11:10 UTC

Performance on shared drive documents

Hi

When i am crawling full of my C drive the job is running pretty much faster.

But at the same time when i m crawling documents kept on shared drive, it
is taking too much longer time than to crawl C drive.

are documents at shared drive supposed to take to much time??

Thanks,
Ameya

Re: Performance on shared drive documents

Posted by Ameya Aware <am...@gmail.com>.
Sure. Thanks a lot Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ameya,

If reducing the number of simultaneous connections didn't help throughput,
then frankly the only way to make things faster is to improve the
performance of the CIFS drives you are crawling.  You could try to purchase
dedicated NetApp devices for those, if that hasn't already been done.
Beyond that I have no solutions for you.  See ManifoldCF In Action Chapter
1.

Karl

Posted by Ameya Aware <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.