Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Gaurav Sehgal <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2013/12/22 19:11:49 UTC

S3 Regions

Hi,
   We are using jcloud to access Amazon S3 though the issue is that when we go try to do a getObject a few seconds afer putObject it works at times and at times it does not work.  Could this be because S3 can direct both the request to different regions; even though we make the cal from our machine residing in US-West.
If that is the case can we specify the JCloud API to read and write from a specific region; I believe AWS SDK Api does have a way to specify the region from which you want to read and write?

Cheers
Gaurav

Re: S3 Regions

Posted by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org>.
>    We are using jcloud to access Amazon S3 though the issue is that
> when we go try to do a getObject a few seconds afer putObject it
> works at times and at times it does not work.

What is the error you get, and which in region are you working? Could
this be related to the consistency model for that region [1]?

ap

[1]
http://aws.amazon.com/s3/faqs/#What_data_consistency_model_does_Amazon_S3_employ