Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mark Parker <ma...@msdhub.com> on 2006/02/13 19:00:48 UTC

[BUG] bug in svn rename

The command-line client crashes when I attempt to force it to rename a
file that isn't under version control. It's reproducible for me on
Windows XP, using version 1.3.0 of the binary. I don't get the bug if I
try the command in a directory that isn't a working copy. Below is a
transcript:

mark@kilroy D:\1
$ svnadmin create repo

mark@kilroy D:\1
$ svn co file:///d:/1/repo wc
Checked out revision 0.

mark@kilroy D:\1
$ cd wc

mark@kilroy D:\1\wc
$ touch file1.txt

mark@kilroy D:\1\wc
$ svn rename file1.txt file2.txt --force

<---- here I get a big crash dialog, offering to send details to Microsoft.

mark@kilroy D:\1\wc
$ svn stat
?      file1.txt
   L    .

mark@kilroy D:\1\wc
$ svn rename file1.txt file2.txt
svn: Working copy '.' locked
svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for details)

mark@kilroy D:\1\wc
$ svn cleanup

mark@kilroy D:\1\wc
$ svn rename file1.txt file2.txt
svn: Use --force to override this restriction
svn: Move will not be attempted unless forced
svn: 'file1.txt' is not under version control

Re: [BUG] bug in svn rename

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 2/13/06, Mark Parker <ma...@msdhub.com> wrote:
> The command-line client crashes when I attempt to force it to rename a
> file that isn't under version control. It's reproducible for me on
> Windows XP, using version 1.3.0 of the binary. I don't get the bug if I
> try the command in a directory that isn't a working copy. Below is a
> transcript:

Thanks for the report, I believe this has been fixed in trunk and
merged into the 1.3.x release branch, we simply have not cut a new
release that includes it yet.

-garrett