Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Julio C. Rivera" <ju...@ya.com> on 2003/06/20 17:52:51 UTC

Changes inside a listener method

Hi!

I have 2 doubts about the request cycle after a listener method execution.

We will supose we have a Page "mypage", with a component "mycomponent"
inside and a DirectLink (or ActionLink) component inside mycomponent.
Mycomponent have a parameter named "myparameter".
Besides mycomponent has a transient property named "myproperty"

In the DirectLink/ActionLink listener method:

1) Can I access to the "myparameter" parameter?
    (I tried to do  binding=getMyparameterBinding() and binding was null)
   The general question is: Can I access a component parameter from a
listener method?

2) If I do setMyproperty(myvalue), and I don't change the active page, can
I ensure that, when mypage get render, myproperty will has the value
"myvalue"? or will be loaded a random "mypage" instance from the poll?
    (I tried it and seems that sometimes it's true and another it's false)
General question: After listener method execution, if it don't change the
active page, the page instance to render is the same that executed the
listener one?

I hope you can understand me. I have to improve my english.
Thanks in advance.
   Julio.