Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ben Ricker <br...@wellinx.com> on 2002/12/20 16:43:50 UTC

JAVA_HOME problem with 4.1.18

I have this weird problem with setting the JAVA_HOME env variable in
Tomcat 4.1.18 (I also had it in 4.1.17).

Here is the lines from my startup.sh:

CATALINA_HOME="/usr/local/tomcat1-new"
JAVA_HOME="/usr/local/j2re1.4.1_01"
JAVA_OPTS="-ms32m -mx200m"
export CATALINA_HOME JAVA_HOME JAVA_OPTS

This setup worked in 4.1.12 and 4.0.6. Now, when I start Tomcat using
the startup.sh, I get this:

[root@dev bin]# ./startup.sh
The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
This environment variable is needed to run this program

What gives?

Ben Ricker

--
Ben Ricker <br...@wellinx.com>
Wellinx.com

Re: JAVA_HOME problem with 4.1.18

Posted by Paul Campbell <se...@halcyon.com>.
I had the same sort of problem yesterday in 4.1.17 that I have not
yet solved. When startup.sh is executed, it echos the value of
JAVA_HOME and it is correct.

When I run ant -diagnostics list (or install)
I get:
java.home=/var/java/jre
which is NOT what the JAVA_HOME points to.
JAVA_HOME is set in /etc/profile.

ant compile works fine.

JAVA_HOME is set correctly, something else seems to be happening.
YES, export is performed.

I have seen the problem with both java1.3 and java 1.4

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.