Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by ro...@xemaps.com on 2004/07/02 17:54:56 UTC

moving 1.2 index to 1.4

Hey guys,

We have a couple of giant indexes that were done in lucene 1.2.  We would like to move to lucene 1.4 at some point.

We have heard that we would probably need to re-index our indexes to take advantage of certain new features/optimizations of lucene 1.3/1.4.

We were wondering if it was possible to open our old 1.2 index with an IndexReader, get each Document object, and add it to a new 1.4 index?  Would it be the same as re-building an index from scratch?

Thanks!

Roy.