Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jim Collings <jl...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/08 14:12:40 UTC

Porting maven generated war files and ear files to weblogic 10.3

If we can figure this issue out, I'll see if I can't publish/post a
maven-based solution in the Maven and Oracle forums so that others
will not have to go through our pain.

We are having all the usual problems regarding where Weblogic expects
to find things and what exclusions need to be made in weblogic.xml for
war files and weblogic-application.xml for ear files. Any insights
would be deeply appreciated.

Here is what our exploded war structure currently looks like.

.
|____index.jsp
|____WEB-INF
|____images
|____META-INF
|____script
|____style
| |____...some css files

Exceptions when trying to deploy are as follows:

INFO: ... initialized Struts-Spring integration successfully
java.lang.Exception: Could not load
servers/AdminServer/tmp//appmergegen_1254502686535_OurApp/war/WEB-INF/classes/com...
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.finder.ClassFinder.readClassDef(ClassFinder.java:745)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.finder.ClassFinder.<init>(ClassFinder.java:148)

The exception above repeats for every .class file found below
WEB-INF/classes/com, i.e. the the ones in this module rather than the
ones in included modules.
Checking the file system shows that there is no such directory as
"appmergegen_1254502686535_conap". I'm uncertain if there is actually
supposed to be anything there, but it would seem like it.

I've a theory that if we can solve the above issue, we can solve the
rest ourselves.

Re: Porting maven generated war files and ear files to weblogic 10.3

Posted by Jim Collings <jl...@gmail.com>.
> Exceptions when trying to deploy are as follows:
>
> INFO: ... initialized Struts-Spring integration successfully
> java.lang.Exception: Could not load
> servers/AdminServer/tmp//appmergegen_1254502686535_OurApp/war/WEB-INF/classes/com...

I wonder if this might be related to staging but I've fiddled with the
staging settings already. No dice.