Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2010/06/02 17:55:07 UTC

Alpha of 2.3.6 next week

I'm planning on releasing an alpha of 2.3.6 next week in
hopes that we can push out a beta v. soon after.

Re: Alpha of 2.3.6 next week

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
>> Sounds like the banner added here just needs to be dropped then, or am
>> I still lost?
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/CHANGES?r1=909323&r2=909322&pathrev=909323
>
> drop that banner, rename the one at the top to 2.3.6 (I think that's
> what you mean)

Yep, misspoke. Fixed in r950761 with the 2.3.6 banner moved up to the
top (no security entries had to get moved)

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: Alpha of 2.3.6 next week

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Alpha of 2.3.6 next week

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: Alpha of 2.3.6 next week

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.

Re: Alpha of 2.3.6 next week

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Re: Alpha of 2.3.6 next week

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Re: Alpha of 2.3.6 next week

Posted by Stefan Fritsch <sf...@sfritsch.de>.
On Wednesday 02 June 2010, Sander Temme wrote:
> On Jun 2, 2010, at 9:02 AM, Eric Covener wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com>
wrote:
> >> I'm planning on releasing an alpha of 2.3.6 next week in
> >> hopes that we can push out a beta v. soon after.
> >
> > Were infra's concerns wrapped up from the last alpha?
>
> I'm sorry, I've had blackouts covering this list.  What were their
> concerns?  Were they discussed on this list?

There was at least some mod_deflate issue

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-
dev/201002.mbox/<42...@mail.gmail.com>

which was fixed in r910069. There was also talk about a mem leak but
IIRC it was unclear if it is in httpd itself or in mod_mbox. I don't
know if there were more concerns.

Cheers,
Stefan

Re: Alpha of 2.3.6 next week

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.

Re: Alpha of 2.3.6 next week

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Re: Alpha of 2.3.6 next week

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
On 02 Jun 2010, at 5:55 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I'm planning on releasing an alpha of 2.3.6 next week in
> hopes that we can push out a beta v. soon after.

Release early, release often :)

Regards,
Graham

Re: Alpha of 2.3.6 next week

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
FWIW, I'm holding off based on a proxy/closing connection issue...

Re: Alpha of 2.3.6 next week

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Re: Alpha of 2.3.6 next week

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
And with a few addt'l patches, it builds clean (excluding some recent
ldap oddities coming from MS's toolchain), thanks for taking a good
look into this Mario.

Re: Alpha of 2.3.6 next week

Posted by Mario Brandt <jb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Stefan,

Re: Alpha of 2.3.6 next week

Posted by Stefan Fritsch <sf...@sfritsch.de>.

Re: Alpha of 2.3.6 next week

Posted by Mario Brandt <jb...@gmail.com>.
I still get that error on Windows compiling from trunk.

Mario

Re: Alpha of 2.3.6 next week

Posted by Stefan Fritsch <sf...@sfritsch.de>.

Re: Alpha of 2.3.6 next week

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Re: Alpha of 2.3.6 next week

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Re: 2.3.6-alpha

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 6/11/2010 7:29 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I have tagged and rolled 2.3.6 alpha tballs and committed them
> to the dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpd repo.

Thanks!  I don't see a reason to hold off the vote, since all committers
can check out that repository directly (it svn up'ed fine here, as I was
preparing for some unrelated site updates).

> As soon as they show up, I will start the release vote.

You'll be waiting a very long time, since this is all dependent on the
svnpubsub service.  That update is either instantaneous, or never.  It is
suggested you avoid email and file a jira ticket, to avoid pissing off Joe.

2.3.6-alpha

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.