Posted to dev@kibble.apache.org by sharanf <sh...@apache.org> on 2023/06/11 19:11:53 UTC

Draft Kibble Board Report

Hi All

See below - I've put together a draft board report for the quarter.
Please take a look and let me know if you have any feedback, comments or
updates.

Thanks
Sharan

The mission of Apache Kibble is the creation and maintenance of software
related to an interactive project activity analyzer and aggregator

## Project Status:
Current project status: Ongoing, low activity.
Issues for the board: None.

## Membership Data:
Apache Kibble was founded 2017-10-17 (6 years ago)
There are currently 15 committers and 13 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 8:7.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Michał Słowikowski on 2021-05-02.
- No new committers. Last addition was Kaxil Naik on 2021-02-21.

## Project Activity:
The project has not yet made a release.

Very little activity again during the quarter and still trying to find free
cycles to work on a release of previous Kibble version and a roadmap for
what
the new Kibble could look like.

We've had a documentation contribution [1] from a new contributor and also
some interest from someone trying out an install [2].

## Community Health:
The community is small and we know that we need to start focussing on
building
it up to be more sustainable but we first need to have work on defining the
project vision and roadmap of where we want the project to go. I still think
putting out a Kibble-1 release will help separate the previous version from
the new one that we'd like to build.

[1] https://github.com/apache/kibble/pull/16
[2] https://s.apache.org/zm5ej

Re: Draft Kibble Board Report

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi All

Thanks for the feedback and I'll post this as our report.

Thanks
Sharan