Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com> on 2007/05/24 20:39:04 UTC

[ANN] "Starting with Struts2" Book

I am pleased to announce the release of the mini-book "Starting with
Struts2" from InfoQ.com.

"Starting with Struts2" is aimed at those who are new to Strut2, and
those familiar with MVC frameworks but unfamiliar with Struts2.  It
provides everything you need to know to get up and running using
Struts2, and can be used as a starting point to explore the more
intricate features of the Struts2 framework.   Topics include
architecture and configuration, how to implementing actions, and
supporting infrastructure such as validation and internationalization.
Also included are productivity tips, providing a practical introduction
on how best to use the framework.

The eBook can be found at http://www.infoq.com/minibooks/starting-struts2

/Ian

Re: [ANN] "Starting with Struts2" Book

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Hey, anyone interested in being the first to review Ian's book on LuLu?

 * http://www.lulu.com/content/813300

-Ted.

Re: [ANN] "Starting with Struts2" Book

Posted by shadman <sh...@att.com>.
I was able to register and download it yesterday.

Posted by Manfred Wolff <wo...@manfred-wolff.de>.
I've fixed it myself. With the internet explorer it was possible to
download the book.

 Manfred

Manfred Wolff schrieb:
> Unfortunately  I get only a message, that the file is damage and cannot
> be downloaded. Can anybody help me?
>
> Manfred
>
> Josh Long schrieb:
>
>> Wonderful contribution! Congratulations!

Dipl.-Inf. Manfred Wolff
Software Engineer
Fon  : +49 421 534522
Fax  : +49 421 4314578
Mobil: +49 173 2494181
http://www.manfred-wolff.de
http://www.struts-it.org

Re: [ANN] "Starting with Struts2" Book

Posted by Manfred Wolff <wo...@manfred-wolff.de>.

Posted by Josh Long <st...@gmail.com>.
Wonderful contribution! Congratulations!

--
Joshua Long
Sun Certified Java Programmer

Posted by Nova Yu <ne...@gmail.com>.
i'm sorry, i don't think about this. and now i konw what to do.

2007/5/26, Al Sutton <al...@alsutton.com>:

> Emailing you a copy would reduce the number of downloads InfoQ get and
> thus
> reduce the apparent popularity of the book. Doing this could give them a
> reason to be less interested in other Struts2 books.
>
> Please don't email the book around, download it from the InfoQ site, or if
> your network is slow use the buy link to buy a copy from lulu.com
>
> Al.

Netnova.Yu

RE: [ANN] "Starting with Struts2" Book

I can't download the mini-book, my network is too slowly, but i want read
this book. who can send a copy to my email. thanks very much!

2007/5/26, Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com>:

> doh.  Thanks.  The issue with starting in ww and moving to struts :-)
>
> /Ian
>
> Al Sutton wrote:
> > Do I get a prize for reporting the first typo :)...
> >
> > On Page 64 there's a code snippet which reads;
> >
> > <ww:iterator value="peopleList" status="stat">
> >    <s:property value="peopleList[#stat.index].id" />
> >    <s:property value="peopleList[#stat.index].name" />
> >    <s:property value="peopleList[#stat.index].age" />
> >    <s:property value="peopleList[#stat.index].height"/>
> > </ww:iterator>
> >
> > Shouldn't th ww: be an s:?

Netnova.Yu

Re: [ANN] "Starting with Struts2" Book

Posted by Nova Yu <ne...@gmail.com>.
I can't download the mini-book, my network is too slowly, but i want read
this book. who can send a copy to my email. thanks very much!

2007/5/26, Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com>:

> doh.  Thanks.  The issue with starting in ww and moving to struts :-)
>
> /Ian
>
> Al Sutton wrote:
> > Do I get a prize for reporting the first typo :)...
> >
> > On Page 64 there's a code snippet which reads;
> >
> > <ww:iterator value="peopleList" status="stat">
> >    <s:property value="peopleList[#stat.index].id" />
> >    <s:property value="peopleList[#stat.index].name" />
> >    <s:property value="peopleList[#stat.index].age" />
> >    <s:property value="peopleList[#stat.index].height"/>
> > </ww:iterator>
> >
> > Shouldn't th ww: be an s:?

Netnova.Yu

Re: [ANN] "Starting with Struts2" Book

Posted by Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com>.

Posted by Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com>.
Yep.  Still in Boston.  I'll have to ping them about that.

/Ian

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com>.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Done :)

Posted by Wesslan <fo...@wesslan.se>.
Yes, we don't to have to tell them to read Webwork in Action anymore... :)

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nuwan Chandrasoma <my...@gmail.com>.
Just finished reading this.., thanks Ian.., good job.

Posted by Caine Lai <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Volkan OZYILMAZ <vo...@volko.biz>.
Thank you for this very useful and public ebook :)

On 5/31/07, James Mitchell <jm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Will do!  Hope you can make it.
>

> --
> James Mitchell
>

> On May 31, 2007, at 11:41 AM, Ian Roughley wrote:
>
> > No, no paypal account.  You can buy me a beer if I make it to
> > apachecon.
> >
> > James Mitchell wrote:
> >> Ian,  Nice job!  I don't need the paper copy, but I'd like you to
> >> get the full price of the book.  Do you have a Paypal account that
> >> I could donate some funds to?
> >>

> >> --
> >> James Mitchell

----------------------------------
Volkan OZYILMAZ
Volko
http://www.volko.biz
----------------------------------

Re: [ANN] "Starting with Struts2" Book

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@gmail.com>.
Will do!  Hope you can make it.

Posted by Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com>.

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Al Sutton <al...@alsutton.com>.
I couldn't even get to the site earlier, seems OK now.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Ian!

Don