Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2010/03/17 00:55:05 UTC

Probably a silly question... but need an answer ASAP.

Hi,

I've got a situation on one of my clouds.

Hadoop is up and running Ok.
HBase is up and running. (Maybe ok.)

The problem is that when I go to launch a hadoop map/reduce job, I tend to get an exception.

"$ hadoop jar RowCount.jar LCMS_STAGING
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/Scan
        at rowcount.JobControl.<init>(JobControl.java:50)
        at rowcount.Main.main(Main.java:19)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.Scan
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:316)
        ... 7 more
"

This job runs on the other cloud. Since we use LDAP, while the clouds are different, the login .kshrc is the same so my environment variables are the same.

This means someone screwed up during the configuration of the cloud. And of course, its one of those Homer Simpson things that we probably forgot to document so they missed something in setting up the environment.

One of the developers took the configuration and created a load .xml file that had everything that was in our configuration and manually loaded it at the start of the app.
So we know the config parameters are ok, just that they are not being seen.

So what am I missing?

TIA!

-Mike

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/210850553/direct/01/

RE: Probably a silly question... but need an answer ASAP.

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.
HBase jar is in the hadoop CLASSPATH?  Its in the
$HADOOP_HOME/conf/hbase-env.sh#HADOOP_CLASSPATH?
St.Ack

For some reason Hotmail didn't include the entire message when I tried to reply...

Yes, actually its there.
But cue Homer Simpson...
Wait for it....
Its the wrong version... Doh!

Ok that's an easy one to fix.

Thx.

-Mike

Re: Probably a silly question... but need an answer ASAP.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
HBase jar is in the hadoop CLASSPATH?  Its in the
$HADOOP_HOME/conf/hbase-env.sh#HADOOP_CLASSPATH?
St.Ack