Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by adam <ad...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/10 23:30:15 UTC

conduit subscriptions vs full duplex on network connections

The documentation on networks of brokers suggest that it is more ideal to
have
two separate network connections to a peer in order to have different
"conduitSubscriptions"
settings for Topics and for Queues.

However, if you want a duplex connection to a peer broker (say for a
hub&spoke architecture),
activemq won't let you have more than one.

So is there a safe way to get a duplex connection?  Can you have one
connection be duplex
and the other not?  If so, which one should be duplex?

If you can't get one or the other (or both) of the connections to be duplex,
is the only solution
to have explicit network connections back from the other end?

-adam

Posted by adam <ad...@gmail.com>.
Issue created:

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
The single duplex network connector per broker on a transport
connectors is a side effect of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-2774 - an unintended
restriction I think. That needs to be redressed, using the
networkConnector name along with the brokerId or using just the
networkconnector name may be better solution to address unwanted
duplicates after a network partition.

As a work around, you can configure a second transport connector on
the hub, so it has two listener ports and configure each network
connector to use a different transport connector.

Can you raise a jira issue to track the additional restriction (one
duplex network connector per transport connector) introduced by
AMQ-2774

http://blog.garytully.com
http://fusesource.com