Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Paul Maine <pm...@austin.rr.com> on 2005/09/22 16:58:06 UTC

Subversion export issue

I have subversion installed on a Linux server. I have performed a checkout
of our application and our software runs without issue when ran from the
local working copy. After I performed a subversion export our application no
longer ran correctly. It appeared that the pathnames to files that are
required had been changed. Our application is a macromedia director
application with embedded flash.

I appreciate your assistance.

Regards,
Paul Maine

Re: Subversion export issue

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Sep 22, 2005, at 18:58, Paul Maine wrote:

> I have subversion installed on a Linux server. I have performed a
> checkout
> of our application and our software runs without issue when ran
> from the
> local working copy. After I performed a subversion export our
> application no
> longer ran correctly. It appeared that the pathnames to files that are
> required had been changed. Our application is a macromedia director
> application with embedded flash.

The only difference between a checkout and an export should be that
the export doesn't contain the .svn directories. So the only way I
can see for your project to not work in an export is if your project
is using files from the .svn directories, which it shouldn't be.

To test if this is the case, check out a new working copy in a new
directory and verify that your project runs in it. Then delete all
the .svn directories* and try again. If it stops working, you'll know
that your project is using files in the .svn directories, and that
you should fix that in your project.

* For example, like this, from within the working copy directory, on
a Unix-like operating system: find . -name .svn -type d -print0 |
xargs -0 rm -rf