Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2010/12/02 18:01:20 UTC

[VOTE] Colm O hEigeartaigh for CXF committer

In the last 2 years, Colm has logged 11 issues with CXF.  Every single one of
them came with a patch file to fix the issue:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&reporterSelect=specificuser&reporter=coheigea

11 patches is quite a lot.   If they were not spread out over 2 years, I think
he would have been noticed much sooner and been granted committership.
However, it does show a long term commitment to the project and I feel
becoming a committer is long overdue.

He knows the WS-Sec and XML-Sec things inside and out and is a leading
driver of the WSS4J and Santuario (xml-sec) libraries that we rely on.

He's currently working in our sandbox and on the WSS4J trunk to update WSS4J
to Java5 level and clean up the WSS4J API's and such.

Basically, he's been an invaluable contributor to the WS-Security stuff and
having him as a committer would be a big addition, IMO.

Here is my  +1.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

RE: [VOTE] Colm O hEigeartaigh for CXF committer

Posted by Eric Johnson <em...@fusesource.com>.
+1

--
Principle Technical Writer

Phone (781) 280-4174
Skype finnmccumial
E-Mail emjohnson@fusesource.com
Blog http://documentingit.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Colm O hEigeartaigh for CXF committer

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
+1

--
----
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: [VOTE] Colm O hEigeartaigh for CXF committer

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
+1 - Non binding.

Posted by Alessio Soldano <as...@redhat.com>.
+1

--
Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss

Re: [VOTE] Colm O hEigeartaigh for CXF committer

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
+1

Jeff

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Here is my +1,

Willem

--
Willem
----------------------------------

Re: [VOTE] Colm O hEigeartaigh for CXF committer

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
+1

cheers, Sergey

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Colm O hEigeartaigh for CXF committer

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Thanks to all! I look forward to to further enhancing CXF's security
story over the coming months.

Colm.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jim Ma <ma...@gmail.com>.