Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> on 2002/06/13 00:12:12 UTC

Scarab

Hi,

Does anyone have anything critical they want saved in the old Scarab
installation on nagoya?

I'm ready to install a new version of Scarab so that it's available for
everyone but just wanted to check before blowing the old install away.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Scarab

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 18:14, Martin van den Bemt wrote:
> I understood there wasn't any issue data in there anyway..

There are modules there that I didn't add so I'm just checking.

> Mvgr,
> Martin
>
> On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 00:12, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone have anything critical they want saved in the old Scarab
> > installation on nagoya?
> >
> > I'm ready to install a new version of Scarab so that it's available for
> > everyone but just wanted to check before blowing the old install away.
> >
> > --
> > jvz.
> >
> > Jason van Zyl
> > jvanzyl@apache.org
> >
> > http://tambora.zenplex.org
> >

> > --

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Scarab

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

Re: Scarab

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Jason van Zyl wrote:

>On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 22:08, Peter Donald wrote:
>

>>Yea for scarab!
>>
>>BTW are all the bugs and bug histories from bugzilla going to be moved
>>across auotmagically?
>>

>I will attempt, but I don't know what the conversion process is like. I
>think we should let both run for a while. Let new issues go to Scarab,
>if a project decides they are ready to try, and use Bugzilla until the
>issues are dealt with. I don't think we want to mandate switching. Not
>until everyone gets a feel for Scarab.

+1

>If the bugzilla/scarab migration is relatively easy and people like
>Scarab and are satisfied it is ready to replace Bugzilla then we can try
>to cull the Bugzilla installation.

Break the new bug posting.

-Andy

Re: Scarab

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 6/12/02 7:16 PM, "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@zenplex.com> wrote:

> If the bugzilla/scarab migration is relatively easy and people like
> Scarab and are satisfied it is ready to replace Bugzilla then we can try
> to cull the Bugzilla installation.

That part isn't done yet. I'm actually working on it...it would go faster if
betwixt didn't have so many bugs. ;-)

-jon

Re: Scarab

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 22:08, Peter Donald wrote:
> Yea for scarab!
>
> BTW are all the bugs and bug histories from bugzilla going to be moved
> across auotmagically?

I will attempt, but I don't know what the conversion process is like. I
think we should let both run for a while. Let new issues go to Scarab,
if a project decides they are ready to try, and use Bugzilla until the
issues are dealt with. I don't think we want to mandate switching. Not
until everyone gets a feel for Scarab.

If the bugzilla/scarab migration is relatively easy and people like
Scarab and are satisfied it is ready to replace Bugzilla then we can try
to cull the Bugzilla installation.

> At 06:12 PM 6/12/2002 -0400, you wrote:
> >Does anyone have anything critical they want saved in the old Scarab
> >installation on nagoya?
> >
> >I'm ready to install a new version of Scarab so that it's available for
> >everyone but just wanted to check before blowing the old install away.
> >
> >--
> >jvz.
> >
> >Jason van Zyl
> >jvanzyl@apache.org
> >
> >http://tambora.zenplex.org
> >

> >--
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter Donald
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> "Faced with the choice between changing one's mind,
> and proving that there is no need to do so - almost
> everyone gets busy on the proof."
>               - John Kenneth Galbraith
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Scarab

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
Yea for scarab!

BTW are all the bugs and bug histories from bugzilla going to be moved
across auotmagically?

At 06:12 PM 6/12/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone have anything critical they want saved in the old Scarab
>installation on nagoya?
>
>I'm ready to install a new version of Scarab so that it's available for
>everyone but just wanted to check before blowing the old install away.
>
>--
>jvz.
>
>Jason van Zyl
>jvanzyl@apache.org