Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2002/03/19 18:09:15 UTC

Re: Multiple war files

Generally, WARs represent different applications, or contexts. The
struts-config is written to access various JSPs within the same
application, and so the URIs are context-relative (or WAR-relative).
Using JSP's between applications would be problematic, since they cannot
share data in the servlet contexts.

You might want to take a look at the new modular application support in
the nightly build (which is rapidly approach Struts 1.1 beta 1). This
would let you break a Struts application into individual modules, or
sub-applications, each with its own struts-config and set of JSPs.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services