Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Paul Evad <pe...@kudosnet.com> on 2001/03/20 18:39:51 UTC

book recommendations?

I know a lot of the good O'Rielly books are showing some age (1999
publishing date). Anyone out there have a copy of "Writing Apache
Modules with Perl and C", is it still relevant enough with the
current apache mod_perl distro's to be worthwhile getting?

Suggestions on  good reference books to get? (I have most of the Perl
library already).

- paul
--

--------------------- Kudosnet Technologies Inc. ---------------------
Support: support@kudosnet.com

Re: book recommendations?

Posted by Pierre Phaneuf <pp...@ludusdesign.com>.
Paul Evad wrote:

> I know a lot of the good O'Rielly books are showing some age (1999
> publishing date). Anyone out there have a copy of "Writing Apache
> Modules with Perl and C", is it still relevant enough with the
> current apache mod_perl distro's to be worthwhile getting?

Yeah, it still mostly is. Apache 2.0 and the accompanying mod_perl 2.0
will be a whole new ball of wax though, but they're not here yet anyway
(hey Doug, going to make a second edition for 2.0 I hope?). It's a great
book.

I found the O'Reilly mod_perl quick reference booklet quite useful at
time. Easy to carry around, packed with all the information (no fluff or
explanation, like the man pages), useful.

--
"Whip me. Beat me. Make me maintain AIX." -- Stephan Zielinski