Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Jimmy Phelan :: Blacknight Solutions" <ji...@blacknight.ie> on 2008/01/08 10:09:28 UTC

Setting Memory Limit per Virtual Host

Hi all.

We are running into some issues on a shared hosting machine. Basically Java
is eating too much memory! :-)

Is it possible to set the amount of memory that a virtual host is allowed to
consume? Perhaps in the server.xml

We have the overall JVM set to use 1024mb of ram, but it is getting to the
point where it is exceeding this

Upgrading the hardware is not an option, we are moving away from the current
platform.

Jimmy

Road,Graiguecullen,Carlow,Ireland Company No.: 370845

Re: Setting Memory Limit per Virtual Host

Posted by Schadler Johann <ao...@aon.at>.

> We are running into some issues on a shared hosting machine. Basically
> Java
> is eating too much memory! :-)
>

> Is it possible to set the amount of memory that a virtual host is allowed
> consume? Perhaps in the server.xml
>

> We have the overall JVM set to use 1024mb of ram, but it is getting to the
> point where it is exceeding this

Be aware, if you limit the JVM heap size, that it additionally consumes
memory on stack for each thread. Try to reduce max heap size to
approximately 768 MB in your case.

Johann