Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/17 13:20:26 UTC

Please test latest maven-bundle-plugin snapshot

Hi folks,

The latest snapshot of the maven-bundle-plugin (2.4.0-20111017.104855-8) contains several fixes as well as a fresh update to bndlib (this update is not yet published to maven central, so I've just included it locally for the moment). The current bnd fixes are listed under https://github.com/bnd/bnd/issues?state=closed and the bundleplugin fixes are listed underhttps://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12318541&projectId=12310100

We'd like to get people to test this snapshot as early as possible on their projects so we can iron out any potential issues and make sure this is a rock-solid release.

To try this snapshot, either build the plugin locally from trunk or add the following entry to your pom.xml:

   <pluginRepositories>
       <pluginRepository>
           <id>apache.snapshots</id>
           <name>snapshot plugins</name>
           <url>http://repository.apache.org/snapshots</url>
           <releases>
               <enabled>false</enabled>
           </releases>
           <snapshots>
               <enabled>true</enabled>
           </snapshots>
       </pluginRepository>
   </pluginRepositories>

Then just update the maven-bundle-plugin version in your pom.xml to 2.4.0-SNAPSHOT and rebuild to test it out.

Report any regressions/problems to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX/component/12311143 ... the sooner they're reported, the sooner they can be fixed :)

--
Cheers, Stuart