Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by hbfkf <ka...@dreizak.com> on 2010/03/23 17:53:40 UTC

Accept untrusted SSL certificates

Dear list,

I am trying to use HttpClient 4 to download HTTPS pages. In my application,
security is not a concern and I want to download the page even if the page
is not trusted. I guess I have to do something like

  schemeRegistry.register(new Scheme("https", /* TODO */, 443));

I searched on this forum and found information on HttpClient 3 and a pointer
to the manual,

  http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/tutorial/html/connmgmt.html

However, I could see a clear route to follow. Does anybody have sample code
for this?

Best,
Kaspar

Re: Accept untrusted SSL certificates

Posted by Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com>.
I think there's an easier way, but the code in Bixo's
SimpleHttpFetcher has this support, and uses HttpClient 4.0

http://github.com/bixo/bixo/tree/master/src/main/java/bixo/fetcher/http/

-- Ken

On Mar 23, 2010, at 9:53am, hbfkf wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I am trying to use HttpClient 4 to download HTTPS pages. In my
> application,
> security is not a concern and I want to download the page even if
> the page
> is not trusted. I guess I have to do something like
>
>  schemeRegistry.register(new Scheme("https", /* TODO */, 443));
>
> I searched on this forum and found information on HttpClient 3 and a
> pointer
> to the manual,
>
>  http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/tutorial/html/
> connmgmt.html
>
> However, I could see a clear route to follow. Does anybody have
> sample code
> for this?
>
> Best,
> Kaspar