Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/18 15:25:48 UTC

UIMA AS client cannot deserialize exception when running in an OSGI server

Hi,

I am doing some error testing and noticed that in case the client gets
an exception
from a worker node it may fail to deserialize the exception when running
in an OSGI server,
here is the error:

[2009-11-18 14:57:00.689] ActiveMQ Session
Task                                                          System.err
E WARNING: javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to build body from content.
Serializable class not available to broker. Reason:
com.springsource.server.osgi.framework.ServerClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.uima.aae.error.UimaEEServiceException in
ServerBundleClassLoader: [bundle=org.apache.activemq.activemq-core_5.3.0]

It seems that activemq tries to load uima classes, which it cannot see
because they
are not on the activemq bundle classpath.

Jörn

Re: UIMA AS client cannot deserialize exception when running in an OSGI server

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Marshall Schor wrote:
> Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am doing some error testing and noticed that in case the client gets
>> an exception
>> from a worker node it may fail to deserialize the exception when
>> running in an OSGI server,
>> here is the error:
>>
>> [2009-11-18 14:57:00.689] ActiveMQ Session
>> Task
>> System.err E WARNING: javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to build body
>> from content. Serializable class not available to broker. Reason:
>> com.springsource.server.osgi.framework.ServerClassNotFoundException:
>> org.apache.uima.aae.error.UimaEEServiceException in
>> ServerBundleClassLoader: [bundle=org.apache.activemq.activemq-core_5.3.0]
>>
>> It seems that activemq tries to load uima classes, which it cannot see
>> because they
>> are not on the activemq bundle classpath.
>>
> Can you make an OSGi bundle which has both uima-as and its dependencies?

Yes, but which activemq version should we include in such a bundle ?

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Marshall Schor wrote:
> Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am doing some error testing and noticed that in case the client gets
>> an exception
>> from a worker node it may fail to deserialize the exception when
>> running in an OSGI server,
>> here is the error:
>>
>> [2009-11-18 14:57:00.689] ActiveMQ Session
>> Task
>> System.err E WARNING: javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to build body
>> from content. Serializable class not available to broker. Reason:
>> com.springsource.server.osgi.framework.ServerClassNotFoundException:
>> org.apache.uima.aae.error.UimaEEServiceException in
>> ServerBundleClassLoader: [bundle=org.apache.activemq.activemq-core_5.3.0]
>>
>> It seems that activemq tries to load uima classes, which it cannot see
>> because they
>> are not on the activemq bundle classpath.
>>
> Can you make an OSGi bundle which has both uima-as and its dependencies?

That should be possible we did something like that in an
internal project where an osgi bundle contains hadoop/hbase
classes and dependencies.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am doing some error testing and noticed that in case the client gets
> an exception
> from a worker node it may fail to deserialize the exception when
> running in an OSGI server,
> here is the error:
>
> [2009-11-18 14:57:00.689] ActiveMQ Session
> Task
> System.err E WARNING: javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to build body
> from content. Serializable class not available to broker. Reason:
> com.springsource.server.osgi.framework.ServerClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.uima.aae.error.UimaEEServiceException in
> ServerBundleClassLoader: [bundle=org.apache.activemq.activemq-core_5.3.0]
>
> It seems that activemq tries to load uima classes, which it cannot see
> because they
> are not on the activemq bundle classpath.
Can you make an OSGi bundle which has both uima-as and its dependencies?

-Marshall