Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "McHenry, Matt" <mm...@carnegielearning.com> on 2002/04/06 01:38:47 UTC

RE: Tool to find unused methods

(Sorry if this is a bit out of date ... I'm a bit backlogged in my reading
of this list.)

I've been using a tool called juliet for a few weeks now, and I like it
quite a bit.  You can get it at http://www.infotectonica.com/.  It's a
GUI-based tool for browsing source code.  So you can give it the name of a
class, field, or method and it will show you all the places where it's used,
overridden, etc.  As discussed elsewhere it will not detect usages via
reflection, but it does find just about everything else.  (There is no ant
integration.)

The free version is crippled in one respect: if you edit the source files
it's looking at, it stops working & you have to restart it.  That has turned
out not to be a big deal for me.

Matt McHenry
Software Developer
Carnegie Learning