Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> on 2010/06/01 17:43:18 UTC

Re: mandatory TLS?

Hi David,

so you just need "outgoing" tls for SMTP ?

Bye,
Norman

Re: mandatory TLS?

Posted by David McCallie Jr <dm...@gmail.com>.
Norman,

Ideally it would be outgoing and incoming.  We have done a prototype where
we paired James with Postfix, but I was hoping to simplify down to James
alone.  We have created a custom Maillet to apply S/MIME to the messages,
but we'd still like to encrypt the channel.

--david