Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Christopher Mills <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/24 03:26:23 UTC

SpamAss-Milter

Hi people,
Have any of you used the
SpamAss-Milter<http://www.sendmail.com/partners/milter/milter.detail/#SpamAss-Milter>?
I am still having hell getting all our inbound mail into spamassassin. Mail
going to local mailboxes gets scanned, but if they are being forwarded to
external addresses (like address@gmail.com) are not. This is frustrating the
hell out of me because there seems to be such horrible documentation for
this issue. If SpamAss-Milter<http://www.sendmail.com/partners/milter/milter.detail/#SpamAss-Milter>works,
then I don't even know how to implement it server-wide vs. on a per
user basis, or if it will even work at all.
This entire spam issue is wasting so much of my time!

Re: SpamAss-Milter

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Christopher Mills" <ch...@gmail.com>

> Hi people,
> Have any of you used the
> SpamAss-Milter<http://www.sendmail.com/partners/milter/milter.detail/#SpamAss-Milter>?
> I am still having hell getting all our inbound mail into spamassassin. Mail
> going to local mailboxes gets scanned, but if they are being forwarded to
> external addresses (like address@gmail.com) are not. This is frustrating the
> hell out of me because there seems to be such horrible documentation for
> this issue. If
> SpamAss-Milter<http://www.sendmail.com/partners/milter/milter.detail/#SpamAss-Milter>works,
> then I don't even know how to implement it server-wide vs. on a per
> user basis, or if it will even work at all.
> This entire spam issue is wasting so much of my time!

At an educated guess your problem is in the mailer not the MDA. Study
it, diagram the message flow, and discover where the MDA is not getting
called on message relays. Then figure out how to insert the filter
into the flow.

{^_^}