Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Paladugu, Suresh" <su...@logicacmg.com> on 2006/02/02 13:11:54 UTC

automating indexing in Lenya search

Hi,
I had read and implemented the solprovider's page on searching in lenya. I would like to automate this by a task that would be triggered every time a new page is created. I had tweaked the solproviders code to do the searching on the authoring area. How would I automate the indexing. Any pointers to this??

thanks in advance,
Suresh...

Re: automating indexing in Lenya search

Posted by Dominique <op...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You could overwrite the Checkin Usecase and call the 1-file indexing
code from their,
possibly as a background thread. Putting your custom

usecase-checkin.xmap

inside your publication root folder will allow you to overwrite the
default checkin behaviour
by calling a custom Checkin Action which aparts from the checkin,
performs some the
update of the index for the file being checked in.

Dominique