Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Tanya Malik <so...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/11 03:01:16 UTC

SSDs w/ C* only for commit log?

If I understand the C* architecture correctly, in order to increase write
speed, I only need to put the commit log on SSDs.

When the memtable gets flushed to the SStable file later on, that can go to
traditional spinning disks, since that happens much later after the write
successful has already been returned to the client.

So, in the YAML file, I can configure the commitlog_directory to go to SSD
and the data_file_directories to go to spinning disks.

Would I get any write speed benefits if I had stored the SStables also on
SSD?

Re: SSDs w/ C* only for commit log?

Posted by Manoj Mainali <ma...@gmail.com>.
You can refer to this conversation here