Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Jerome Pierson <je...@hurence.com> on 2012/12/03 15:31:31 UTC

What can I do after "cluster unastallation failed" to re-install

Hi Ambari Team,

I've tried to set up my cluster using Ambari 1.0.0-1 and I've got some
puppet issues (i guess)

The installation has failed so as the unistallation process.
Now, when I try to re-install my cluster with ambari connceting on
http://myip master/hmc/html,
it is redericting to http://myip master/hmc/html/uninstallFailed.php
with the following message.

    Cluster uninstallation failed

Failed to uninstall the cluster

It happens even if I re-install ambari (yum erase and yum install).

How can I re-start the install process ?

Regards,

Jérôme

Re: What can I do after "cluster unastallation failed" to re-install

Posted by Jerome Person <je...@hurence.com>.
Thank you for your reply. I will move on this "frightening" 666
release.

But do you know how to re-start this unachieved install with out
reinstalling my all CentOS server ? Which file is responsible for
keeping the state of the last install ?

Jerome.

Posted by Pramod Thangali <pt...@hortonworks.com>.
Jerome,

<je...@hurence.com>wrote:

>  Does someone have an explanation why my ambari  culster install screen
> is frozen on the «Cluster uninstallation failed» ? even if I erase Ambari
> and re-install it ?
>
> Regards,
> Jérôme
>

> Le 03/12/2012 15:31, Jerome Pierson a écrit :
>
> Hi Ambari Team,
>
> I've tried to set up my cluster using Ambari 1.0.0-1 and I've got some
> puppet issues (i guess)
>
> The installation has failed so as the unistallation process.
> Now, when I try to re-install my cluster with ambari connceting on
> http://myip master/hmc/html,
> it is redericting to http://myip master/hmc/html/uninstallFailed.php with
> the following message.
>
>  Cluster uninstallation failed
>
> Failed to uninstall the cluster
>
>  It happens even if I re-install ambari (yum erase and yum install).
> How can I re-start the install process ?
>
> Regards,
> Jérôme

Pramod Thangali
408 621 1525
Engineering at Hortonworks

Re: What can I do after "cluster unastallation failed" to re-install

Posted by Jerome Pierson <je...@hurence.com>.