Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Alexey Panchenko <al...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/25 10:42:36 UTC

Error in 1.4+ build of Batik 1.7

Hi,

I was trying to upgrade the version of batik we use and have noticed that
batik-1.7.zip and batik-1.7-jre13.zip both contains the same versions of
classes that should be different in 1.3 and 1.4+
e.g. org.apache.batik.gvt.event.AWTEventDispatcher and so on.
Is this a known bug?

Thanks,
Alex

Re: Error in 1.4+ build of Batik 1.7

Posted by Alexey Panchenko <al...@gmail.com>.
Cameron McCormack:

> Alexey Panchenko:
> > I was trying to upgrade the version of batik we use and have noticed
> that
> > batik-1.7.zip and batik-1.7-jre13.zip both contains the same versions of
> > classes that should be different in 1.3 and 1.4+
> > e.g. org.apache.batik.gvt.event.AWTEventDispatcher and so on.
> > Is this a known bug?
>
> No it isn't, thanks for bringing it to our attention.  It's unfortunate
> that this mistake was made on a release.  Since we've resolved to have
> subsequent releases require at least a 1.4 JRE, I guess it makes the
> issue moot, though.

The problem is that 1.4+ version contains the code that should be in 1.3version.
 I have compiled compiled 1.4+ version myself, I am not interested in
1.3version :-)

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
Hi Alexey.

Alexey Panchenko:
> I was trying to upgrade the version of batik we use and have noticed that
> batik-1.7.zip and batik-1.7-jre13.zip both contains the same versions of
> classes that should be different in 1.3 and 1.4+
> e.g. org.apache.batik.gvt.event.AWTEventDispatcher and so on.
> Is this a known bug?

No it isn’t, thanks for bringing it to our attention.  It’s unfortunate
that this mistake was made on a release.  Since we’ve resolved to have
subsequent releases require at least a 1.4 JRE, I guess it makes the
issue moot, though.

Perhaps we should make a 1.7.1 release soon.  Then we could also include
the new PDFTranscoder from FOP.

Thanks,

Cameron

--