Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Vijaya Kumar <vi...@businex.com> on 2001/06/14 20:27:34 UTC

Urgent Vijay

Hi all,
I need to use slide for uploading files.
As I'm just using Slide with Tomcat 4.0-b3 for file Uploading.
I don't know how to do that.

If u dont mind, can u send me the sample coding ( the one u put in the examples folder is not sufficient) and all the modifications I need to made on domain.xml, web.xml ...,

If u send step by step it'll be more useful and i'll be thankful to u.

Assume some default location in  harddisk (C:/slide) for source and other one for tomcat sever root. I'll be pleased and eagerly waiting for ur guidlines. And if u can, send me more documentaions on Slide.

I just download ur ppt presentation, Its nice effort.

Rgrds
Vijay

Re: Urgent Vijay

Posted by Vijaya Kumar <vi...@businex.com>.
I need to copy file from my

                                    c:\backup\test.txt

                                    tomcat wepapps/vijay

folder through servlets using slide + Tomcat.

I already enable the authentication by uncommenting the security consraints
in web.xml.
Also, I can't found the server folder inside my Slide s/w.

How to configure Slide in Tomcat
----------------------------------

    1. I put all the jar files into common/lib as u directed in ur site

    2. What else i need to do.

   3.  How to test slide ( Is there any addressing at url like
localhost:8080/vijay/servlet)
        or directly use the methods in API inside the servlet.

   4. When running the examples file at command prompt it is working say
xml/Test.class is working

   5. When calling the same thing at servlet it generetes the error message.

  6. Whether I need to put the namesapce ( webapps/dir )  in tomcats wepapps
it self or anywhere under slide.

  7. Whether I need to create seperate web, Domain.xml files for each apps
 by making slight modifiications).  Where to            put these files

  8. I got domain not found exception. then I change slide.properties files
to look the domain at c:/domain.xml.

 9. After that Tomcat displays the classnot found exception
FileContentStoreNoVersioning in the root cause column.

<slide>
<namespace name="repository">        // where repository is in
webapps/repository of tomcat
    <definition>
            <store name="memory">
                <contentstore      name="file"

classname="slidestore.file.FileContentStoreNoVersioning">
                <parameter name="rootpath"> files </parameter>
             </cotentstore>
         </store>
    </definition>

And no changes to the default domain.xml file.

So I need
=======

Domain.xml    |
Web.xml        |    Where to put these

sample servlet implementation for uploading ( just that fragment is
enough...Plz)

Can you send me step by step instructions for uploading ( Send all in the
single mail).

Thanx

With Rgds, Looking fwd
    Vijay.