Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by br...@colinx.com on 2002/08/12 21:39:52 UTC

Translet Extension Error

I'm getting the following error(s) when attempting to compile my
stylesheet.  If I check to see if it was compiled by checking the boolean
return value of the compile() call, then loop through the Vector of errors
returned by a getErrors() call I get the following error messages.

- Cannot find class 'com'.
- Cannot find external method 'blah.xml.util.ExtUtils.getAuthIDRequest'
(must be static and public).

These are two separate error messages which, for one, is strange by itself.
I've got a stylesheet that uses Java extensions like the following...

<?xml version='1.0'?>

<xsl:stylesheet
   version="1.0"
   xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/xslt/java"
   xmlns:xalan="http://xml.apache.org/xslt"
   exclude-result-prefixes="java"

<YEAR><xsl:value-of select="java:com.blah.xml.util.ExtCalendar.getYear
</xsl:stylesheet>

This method is static and it works fine.  The compiling of THIS exact
stylesheet worked fine until I changed my code and turned it into a JUnit
test case logging output with log4j.  The ExtCalendar class is compiled and
available from the unit test trying to compile this stylesheet.

Anyone have any ideas why this would be happening?

Thanks,

- Brent