Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "McClure, Timothy J(GE Infrastructure)" <Ti...@ge.com> on 2005/11/21 22:48:35 UTC

Symbolic Links tomcat 4.1.27

I am have trouble getting symbolic links to work with Tomcat 4.1.27.  I have a symbolic link defined for my webapp and I am allow linking for it in the server.xml.  However when I do a resource lookup in my application for class directory it now fails.  I also notice that a local host log file indicating all the jars to deployment is not longer created when I start Tomcat.  Any help to this problem will be greatly appreciated.  The customer I am doing this for as a rule that applications cannot be installed under /var.

Tim McClure

Re: Symbolic Links tomcat 4.1.27

Posted by Luis Torres <A0...@itesm.mx>.
I've done a similar setup (for what I understand) and have never ran
into trouble and dont have to touch server.xml at all.

I just do a /'ln -s/ ' to whatever filesystem or dir my webapps will
reside and presto! the link's name is webapps of course. I just copy the
manager, admin, ROOT and whatever other tomcat directories I have and
everything runs well. Done it with 4.127, 4.131 and 5.5.x on Solaris and
Red Hat.

If you give more details about what you are trying to do I may be able
to help.

Regards,

Luis