Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by sosman <so...@metrak.com> on 2004/03/11 10:22:07 UTC

tortoiseSVN and ssh

I am having trouble configuring tortoiseplink to talk to my openSSH
server using a dsa key.

I routinely login with a command line ssh from my windows box a la:

ssh svn

I have tried setting the SSH client using:

C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\TortoisePlink.exe -2 -i
C:\usr\cygwin\home\pms\.ssh\id_dsa -v

It gets as far as "Unable to use this key file (OpenSSH SSH2 private
key).  This is the key used by my command line ssh client with no drama.

Running sshd in debug mode on the server doesn't give away much (not to
me anyway).

Any clues?

Re: tortoiseSVN and ssh

Posted by Florian Weimer <fw...@deneb.enyo.de>.
sosman wrote:

> It gets as far as "Unable to use this key file (OpenSSH SSH2 private
> key).  This is the key used by my command line ssh client with no drama.

PLINK is probably based on PuTTY, which uses another key format.

See: <http://www.tartarus.org/~simon/puttydoc/Chapter8.html#8.2.12>

--
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: atlas.cz, bigpond.com, freenet.de, hotmail.com,