Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by kirilzilla <ki...@me.com> on 2018/06/07 13:39:40 UTC

Re: Java 10

does nifi support java 10 ? or even java 9 ?

Re: Java 10

Posted by Jeff <jt...@gmail.com>.
HI all,

I'm a little late on this thread, but wanted to add that running NiFi on
Java 9+ that has been built with Java 1.8 currently works on master.  I am
working through issues getting the compilation on Java 9+ to work, mainly
through a maven profile that auto-activates if Maven detects a Java version
above 1.8.  I've made some good progress...  Most likely it will take me
the rest of the week if not longer to work through the rest of the build
problems.  It's difficult to forecast how many issues remain, but the
majority of the issues so far are due to jaxb modules that were provided by
the JRE not being available on the classpath from Java 9 and beyond.

Re: Java 10

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
All,

Re: Java 10