Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ChipSchoch <cs...@elynx.com> on 2009/09/03 15:10:26 UTC

JBoss Integration Question from newb

I am trying to integrate JBossAs 4.2.2 and ActiveMQ 5.2.0.  Following the
instructions works fine, but I am trying to configure it to use jdbc
persistence (sybase db).  I was attempting to specify a JBoss datasource in
my broker-config.xml but the .rar deploys before the sybase-ds.xml so the
datasource is not bound in JNDI.  I cannot seem to find any example of this
integration.

Has anyone integrated JBoss with ActiveMQ and used jdbc persistence
employing the JBoss datasource?  If so, could you post the configuration?

I went through the exercise where I defined the datasource in the config
using xbean and was able to reconcile all the class not found and schema
violations etc; but then the JBoss log gives:

31 WARN    | Starting ActiveMQ Broker |
org.apache.activemq.ra.ActiveMQResourceAdapter     | Could not start up
embeded ActiveMQ Broker 'xbean:broker-config.xml': The configuration has no
BrokerService instance for resource: xbean:broker-config.xml
2009-09-03 08:25:29,9

I am basically clueless on this.  It should not be this difficult.  Any help
would really be appreciated.

Re: JBoss Integration Question from newb

Posted by ChipSchoch <cs...@elynx.com>.
When I use this one I get a naming exception because DefaultDS is not yet
bound:

<beans >

	<bean xmlns=""
class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>

  <broker useJmx="true" brokerName="chip.broker1">

		<managementContext><!-- we'll use an existing one (JBoss) instead of
creating one -->
		  <managementContext createConnector="false"/>
		</managementContext>

		<!-- In ActiveMQ 4, you can setup destination policies. note: this xml
format may still change a bit -->
    <destinationPolicy>
      <policyMap><policyEntries>

          <policyEntry topic="FOO.>">
            <dispatchPolicy>
              <strictOrderDispatchPolicy />
            </dispatchPolicy>
            <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
              <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy />
            </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
          </policyEntry>

      </policyEntries></policyMap>
    </destinationPolicy>

    <persistenceAdapter><!--
      <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5"
dataDirectory="{jboss.server.data.dir}/activemq"/>
      To use a different datasource, use th following syntax : -->
      <!--
      <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" dataDirectory="../data"
dataSource="#postgres-ds"/>
       -->
        <jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataSource="#sybase-ds"/>

    </persistenceAdapter>

    <transportConnectors >
      <!-- prefixing a connector with discovery: causes the connector to be
advertiesed over rendezvous -->
      <transportConnector name="chip.broker1" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
    </transportConnectors>

    <networkConnectors>
      <!-- by default just auto discover the other brokers -->
      <networkConnector uri="multicast://default"/>
      <!--
      <networkConnector
uri="static://(tcp://host1:61616,tcp://host2:61616)"/>
      -->
    </networkConnectors>

  </broker>

    <!-- Sybase DataSource Setup -->

    <bean name="sybase-ds"
        <property name="jndiName" value="java:/DefaultDS"/>
    </bean>
</beans>

When I use this one I get BrokerService not started:

<beans xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core">

[...]

dataDirectory="{jboss.server.data.dir}/activemq" datasource="#sybase-ds/>
[...]

    <!--class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
        <property name="jndiName" value="java:/DefaultDS"/>
    </bean>    -->

    <bean id="sybase-ds"  class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
destroy-method="close">
      <property name="driverClassName"
value="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver"/>
      <property name="url"
value="jdbc:jtds:sybase://172.17.20.50:4800;DatabaseName=DEV_JBM_144B"/>
      <property name="username" value="sa"/>
      <property name="password" value="prodsa"/>
      <property name="maxActive" value="200"/>
      <property name="poolPreparedStatements" value="true"/>
    </bean>
</beans>

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ChipSchoch <cs...@elynx.com>.
Ok, I was able to get the broker running using sybase jdbc.  Below is the
config that worked.  The main thing was defining the adapter as a bean

<bean xmlns="" id="sybase-adapter"

class="org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.adapter.SybaseJDBCAdapter"/>

then referencing it in my persistence adapter.

<jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataSource="#sybase-ds" adapter="#sybase-adapter"/>

The thing started, created the AMQ tables ran for 20 seconds then shutdown
with:

"No longer able to keep the exclusive lock so giving up being a master"

I am guessing this is an issue with my sybase setup, not AMQ.

<beans xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core">

<!--
	<bean xmlns=""
class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>
-->

  <bean xmlns="" id="sybase-ds"
class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource" destroy-method="close">
    <property name="driverClassName"
value="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver"/>
    <property name="url"
value="jdbc:jtds:sybase://172.17.20.50:4800;DatabaseName=DEV_JBM_144"/>
    <property name="username" value="sa"/>
    <property name="password" value="prodsa"/>
    <property name="maxActive" value="200"/>
    <property name="poolPreparedStatements" value="true"/>
  </bean>

  <!-- Define which adapter to use here -->
  <bean xmlns="" id="sybase-adapter"
class="org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.adapter.SybaseJDBCAdapter"/>

  <broker persistent="true" useJmx="true" brokerName="chip.broker1">

[...]

adapter="org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.adapter.SybaseJDBCAdapter"
       							 dataSource="#sybase-ds"/>

Posted by ChipSchoch <cs...@elynx.com>.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
replace:
<broker useJmx="true" brokerName="chip.broker1">

with:
<broker useJmx="true" brokerName="chip.broker1" id="broker">

and the XBeanBrokerFactory will be able to find it.

Also, i recall that there is a way to append digits to files in the jboss
deploy directory to configure start or deploy order. This may have changed
but I recall there is a way to do it. google "jboss deployment order" and
you should get a solution to ensure that the data source is deployed before
the RAR.

2009/9/3 ChipSchoch <cs...@elynx.com>

> I don't know what that means.  Could you tell me what the fix is?
>

> Gary Tully wrote:
> >
> > the XBean broker factory is looking for a bean with id "broker" or an
> > instance of BrokerService.class and is telling us that it cannot locate
> > one.
> >
> > 2009/9/3 ChipSchoch <cs...@elynx.com>
> >

> >> I am trying to integrate JBossAs 4.2.2 and ActiveMQ 5.2.0.  Following
> the
> >> instructions works fine, but I am trying to configure it to use jdbc
> >> persistence (sybase db).  I was attempting to specify a JBoss datasource
> >> in
> >> my broker-config.xml but the .rar deploys before the sybase-ds.xml so
> the
> >> datasource is not bound in JNDI.  I cannot seem to find any example of
> >> this
> >> integration.
> >>
> >> Has anyone integrated JBoss with ActiveMQ and used jdbc persistence
> >> employing the JBoss datasource?  If so, could you post the
> configuration?
> >>
> >> I went through the exercise where I defined the datasource in the config
> >> using xbean and was able to reconcile all the class not found and schema
> >> violations etc; but then the JBoss log gives:
> >>
> >> 31 WARN    | Starting ActiveMQ Broker |
> >> org.apache.activemq.ra.ActiveMQResourceAdapter     | Could not start up
> >> embeded ActiveMQ Broker 'xbean:broker-config.xml': The configuration has
> >> no
> >> BrokerService instance for resource: xbean:broker-config.xml
> >> 2009-09-03 08:25:29,9
> >>
> >> I am basically clueless on this.  It should not be this difficult.  Any
> >> help
> >> would really be appreciated.
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > http://blog.garytully.com
> >
> > Open Source Integration
> > http://fusesource.com

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Re: JBoss Integration Question from newb

Posted by ChipSchoch <cs...@elynx.com>.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.