Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2005/12/20 06:59:48 UTC

HEAD build death & release notes

I thought this was a simple fix but now I'm not so sure.  The
installer file src/izpack/geronimo-izpack.xml has a substitution token
so it includes the file RELEASE_NOTES-${ReleaseNotesVersion}.txt.
That token appears to be hardcoded to 1.0-M5 in the plugin.jelly file
for the izpack plugin.  Therefore the installer build always dies
complaining that it can't find the M5 release notes (which have been
nuked).  Somehow we need to get this to use a proper variable in the
local project.properties for the module or whatever, but I have no
idea how to change the plugin jelly to achieve this.  There may be
another option since we don't have this problem in the 1.0 branch even
though the jelly looks the same and the same release notes are
missing, but I doin't know what the magic invocation is.  Also, the
release notes are not included in the scripts module in HEAD so
AFAICT that will need to be done before even the version number fix works.

In the mean time, you can safely delete assemblies/j2ee-installer or
manually replace the substitution variable with 1.0 in the source file
and the rest of the HEAD build should work OK.

Aaron

Re: HEAD build death & release notes

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
It's been broken for about 10 days now so I added it to the exclude
list.  Less that optimal, but it's been the weak link the continuous
integration chain for too long.

-David

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
I think you need to define the variable with no value in a
"plugin.properties file".  Include the plugin.properties file when
the plugin is packaged. Then that property can be overwritten by a
local project.properties file.

- sachin