Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> on 2013/11/29 19:25:58 UTC

iOS Camera asking for Location

On iOS, the Camera API has an undocumented feature where it injects your
location into a photo's exif data.

Although neat, I think this isn't desired in most cases and it causes a
location permission dialog to appear.

I'd like to delete this location logic. Any objections?

Re: iOS Camera asking for Location

Posted by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com>.
looks like we have reached consensus, but just to reiterate:

inclusion of the exif data including location was a desired feature: -1 to
ripping it out.

The current approach is to provide users the ability to turn it off: +1

Posted by James Jong <wj...@gmail.com>.
+1 to make it an option.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Yep, makes sense.