Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org> on 2003/11/01 21:14:31 UTC

[WOODY] Form definition syntax change that affects all users

I've committed the previously discussed change of embedding child
widgets inside a wd:widgets element in the form definition. This is a
small change, but will require updating all existing form definitions.

So next time you update CVS, or update to the next release of Cocoon,
you'll need to update your form definitions.

Here's what practically needs to be done:

A form definition that previously looked like this:

<wd:form>
  <wd:field .../>
  <wd:field .../>
  <wd:repeater .../>
</wd:form>

should now become:

<wd:form>
  <wd:widgets>
    <wd:field .../>
    <wd:field .../>
    <wd:repeater .../>
  </wd:widgets>
</wd:form>

The same is true for the repeater widget:

<wd:repeater>
  <wd:field .../>
  <wd:field .../>
</wd:repeater>

becomes

<wd:repeater>
  <wd:widgets>
    <wd:field .../>
    <wd:field .../>
  <wd:widgets>
</wd:repeater>

The aggregatefield widget had already a container tag, but it was called
wd:children. It should now be renamed to wd:widgets.

Re: [WOODY] Form definition syntax change that affects all users

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 10:44, Marc Portier wrote:
> Bruno,
>
> Could we be missing the commits on both
> - RepeaterDefinitionBuilder and
> - AggregateDefinitionBuilder?

oops, should be ok now

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.
Bruno,

Could we be missing the commits on both
- RepeaterDefinitionBuilder and
- AggregateDefinitionBuilder?

I did a recent checkout and checked over at
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/formmodel/

regards,
-marc=

<snip />

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.
Bruno,

Could we be missing the commits on both
- RepeaterDefinitionBuilder and
- AggregateDefinitionBuilder?

I did a recent checkout and checked over at
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/formmodel/

regards,
-marc=

<snip />