Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sebastien Pennec <se...@qos.ch> on 2006/07/17 21:21:35 UTC

[M2] Insert variables in xdoc/apt files

Hi,

I've been battling with xdoc and apt files for some hours now, and looking around on
the web, too: I haven't found any example of xdoc/apt file with variable insertions
in them.

I don't imagine this could _not_ be possible with Maven 2... actually, I don't need
anything complicated, just some kind of ${project.version} variable that I could
insert in a download link, for example.

Even in the Maven svn repository, people use xdoc or apt files without any variables.

Is it just impossible, or have I not searched enough?

Thanks :)

Sebastien

--
Sebastien Pennec
sebastien@qos.ch

LOGBack: the generic, reliable, fast and flexible logging library for Java.

Re: [M2] Insert variables in xdoc/apt files

Posted by Sebastien Pennec <se...@qos.ch>.
... I've been too fast on the ctrl-enter shortcut, sorry.

So, here is what works for me:

In the POM:
<resources>
	<resource>
		<directory>src/site/xdocTemplates</directory>
		<targetPath>generated-site</targetPath>
		<filtering>true</filtering>
	</resource>
</resources>

<plugin>
	<configuration>
		<xdocDirectory>
			${project.build.outputDirectory}/generated-site
		</xdocDirectory>
	</configuration>
</plugin>

It processes the files, then saves them in a tmp directory. The site plugin goes in
the tmp directory to take the files and put them in the /target/site directory.
This way, the src/site/xdoc directory is empty, and so no conflict (file name
clashes) happens.

This is surely not a nice way of doing things (by bypassing the src/site/xdoc dir),
but it works.

Sebastien

Re: [M2] Insert variables in xdoc/apt files

Posted by Sebastien Pennec <se...@qos.ch>.
I've tried that, and it doesn't seem to work, mainly because the ressource plug-in's
<targetPath> tag does directly to the ${project.build.outputDirectory} folder. It
might work using ../src/site/xdoc but then it wouldn't work anymore if the target dir
is modified.

Here is what works for me:

POM:

Posted by Andrew Williams <an...@handyande.co.uk>.